An interesting behind the scene video was shot on Apr. 17, when Iran commemorated National Armed Forces Day with a military parade at Tehran.
It shows, Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) pilots before, during and after the flybys providing some interesting details on their traditions, including kissing the Koran before their mission and kissing three times each time other at the end of the sortie; their flight gear (unit patches and flight helmets), and F-4, F-14 and Su-24 hardware.
Unfortunately, no subtitles are available for this documentary.
- Another day, another military parade: Iran celebrates Armed Forces Day (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Iranian F-14 Tomcats on combat patrol. Unarmed. (theaviationist.com)
- How IRIAF F-14 Tomcats could be (effectively) used in combat against Israeli or U.S. planes or drones (theaviationist.com)
- F-14s, in-flight emergencies and arrested landings. Top Gun? No, an Iranian TV series (theaviationist.com)
- A draconian long range strike: Israel’s attempt to smash the Iranian nuclear program. (theaviationist.com)