The M-346 flying with a "weird device" at the base of the canopy
The following photograph was taken by Roberto Zanda last week.
It shows the M-346 currently involved in a testing campaign at Decimomannu airbase with a strange device installed on the right hand side.
Most probably it is something like a camera used to film the weapon delivery tests or a large mirror that gives the pilot the possibility to observe the drop (even if it seems to me a bit unlikely).
Image credit: Roberto Zanda
The M-346 “Master” was selected as advanced combat trainer by the Italian Air Force, Israeli Air Force and Republic of Singapore Air Force.
- M-346 advanced combat trainer first weapon delivery tests (theaviationist.com)
- Italy to provide Israeli Air Force with the M-346, an advanced training plane that “already looks on to the F-35″. (theaviationist.com)
- Here’s the M-346 in Israeli Air Force colors (theaviationist.com)
- The new M-346 advanced jet trainer in Republic of Singapore Air Force (vintage) color scheme (theaviationist.com)
- M-346 advanced combat trainer’s HMD (Helmet Mounted Display) tested in night configuration (theaviationist.com)