The following videos show the Syrian Mil Mi-8/17 Hip helicopters at work.
The first, brought to my attention by Bjørn Holst Jespersen, is interesting as it provides a close-up view on a Syrian Mil Mi-8 gunship, loaded with rocket launchers, as it lands at an unknown location guarded by Assad soldiers.
The second one, recommended by Matt Fanning, shows the wreckage of a Mil Mi-17 allegedly shot down by the rebels.
- Syrian air war escalates: the Mil Mi-24 Hind gunship makes its debut against rebel forces (theaviationist.com)
- An entire Syrian Air Defense Battalion defected, (possibly) bringing some new anti-aircraft weapons in rebel hands. (theaviationist.com)
- Video: DIY anti-aircraft pick up used by Free Syria Army to shoot down Assad’s helicopters (theaviationist.com)
- Syria update: the attack on Hama (theaviationist.com)
- Russian Attack helicopter shipment to Syria stopped. By cancelled insurance. (theaviationist.com)