Syrian air war escalates: the Mil Mi-24 Hind gunship makes its debut against rebel forces
Respectively taken on Jun. 10 at Rastan and on Jun. 11 at the Idlib village of Farkia, the following videos mark the first involvement of Syrian Mil Mi-24 Hind-D (Mi-25) gunship helicopters in Syria.
Much more maneuverable and powerful than the Mi-8/17 Hip spotted so far, the Mi-25 is an attack helicopter (equipped with a nose machine gun capable to carry rockets, bombs and missiles) that can also perform troops transportation.
Most probably, the use of this kind of helicopter testifies the regime’s growing concerns for the successes obtained by the rebels in the last periods.
- An entire Syrian Air Defense Battalion defected, (possibly) bringing some new anti-aircraft weapons in rebel hands. (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Free Syrian Army’s anti-aircraft fire aiming at regime’s gunship helicopter (theaviationist.com)
- First video of a Syrian helicopter gunship attacking rebels near Azaz, northwest of Aleppo (theaviationist.com)
- Video: DIY anti-aircraft pick up used by Free Syria Army to shoot down Assad’s helicopters (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian regime escalates air war: new video of Mil Mi-8 firing rockets (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian Air Force Mig-21 spotted over Hama for the first time since the beginning of the uprising. (theaviationist.com)
- Syria update: the attack on Hama (theaviationist.com)