The following video, brought to my attention by Bjørn Holst Jespersen shows a Syrian Mi-8/17 Hip attacking civilians/rebels near Azaz, some 30 km nortwest of Aleppo, Syria.
After many videos uploaded to Youtube showing drones spying on the oppositors at Homs, and the footage of a Mig-23MS (probably a decoy) hit on the ground at the Abu-Dhahur airbase this is the first one I’ve seen so far of a loyalist helicopter using a mounted side machine gun to attack the oppositors.
Noteworthy, what seems to be a sort of anti-aircraft fire (ground to air fire) can be seen at the end of the video.
According to the title, the video was taken on Mar. 22, 2012.
- Syrian drones spying on rebels: made in Iran UAVs or amateur radio controlled models? (theaviationist.com)
- Another unidentified drone filmed over Homs, Syria. Syrian, American or Israeli? (theaviationist.com)
- Mysterious drone overflying clashes in Syria could be a new type rarely seen outside Iran. And here’s a new picture (maybe). (theaviationist.com)
- U.S. drones and spyplanes involved in information gathering missions over Syria. As in Libya one year ago. More or less… (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian Mohajer 4 drone spying on the clashes at Homs, Syria (theaviationist.com)
Appears to be spraying indiscriminately. Imagine that.