Even if other readers had already pointed out to me that the video allegedly showing a Syrian L-39 crashing into the ground might be a fake, it was only thanks to “alfavega” that I eventually found the evidence that the footage was not genuine.
Here’s the video posted by the rebels:
And here’s the video clearly showing that the L-39 was actually a remotely controlled model (go to 03:20):
Along with other real videos, the top one was used by the rebels/Syrian revolution supporters to claim an improved accuracy of the anti-aircraft fire of the Free Syrian Army.
However, this doctored video shows that the propaganda machine is active not only on the Assadists side.
Anyway, in the meanwhile a Mig-21 was really destroyed by the FSA with pilot forced to eject (although it is unclear whether the plane was taking off or landing or taxiing) as the following videos show.
- Video: Syrian L-39 combat trainer (probably hit by rebel’s anti-aircraft fire) crashes into the ground (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Rebels down Syrian Arab Air Force Mig-23BN fighter jet in East Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Syria: Mig-21 firing rockets caught on tape (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Assad’s gunship helicopter shot down by rebel forces in Damascus, Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian Arab Air Force trainer jets turned into attack planes to strike rebel positions (theaviationist.com)
- Here is why the alleged video of a Syrian regime helicopter downed by rebels doesn’t show a shot down gunship (theaviationist.com)
in syria: New documentary on the fake revolution –