Once again brought to my attention by the ACIG.org forum, this video shows a Syrian Arab Air Force L-39 crashing into the ground at the end of a right hand turn at low altitude on Aug. 23.
Although it’s hard to determine the real cause of the crash, it looks like the pilot got hit during the turn. Indeed, there are no appearent signs of failure nor clear signs of pilot error/micalculation: the plane seems to fly into the ground without the pilot trying any recovery action. Most probably he was unconscious.
On Aug. 27 a Mil Mi-8 was shot down over Damascus.
- Video: Rebels down Syrian Arab Air Force Mig-23BN fighter jet in East Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Assad’s gunship helicopter shot down by rebel forces in Damascus, Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian Arab Air Force trainer jets turned into attack planes to strike rebel positions (theaviationist.com)
- This may be the first video taken on board a Syrian Arab Air Force gunship helicopter during a mission against the rebels (theaviationist.com)
- L-39 Albatros jet trainer spotted over Aleppo, Syria. (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Syrian Arab Air Force Mil Mi-25 high altitude bomb attack on Daal, Syria. (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Syrian Arab Air Force L-39 firing rockets (theaviationist.com)