Since the first videos of L-39 Albatros, mistakenly identified by several media outlets as “Migs”, made their first appearance on Youtube on Jul. 24, the combat trainer equipped with an under fuselage gun pod and external stores, have become the aircraft of choice of the Syrian Arab Air Force to attack Free Syrian Army positions in Aleppo.
The following video is the first to clearly show a Syrian L-39 firing rockets on a low level (and seemingly low speed) pass over Aleppo on Aug. 7.
- Syrian Arab Air Force trainer jets turned into attack planes to strike rebel positions (theaviationist.com)
- L-39 Albatros jet trainer spotted over Aleppo, Syria. (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Syrian Arab Air Force Mil Mi-25 high altitude bomb attack on Daal, Syria. (theaviationist.com)
- New videos show Syrian gunship helicopters dropping bombs on Homs and Damascus (theaviationist.com)
- [Updated] Syrian Air Force Mig-21 fighter jet defects to Jordan (theaviationist.com)
- Six Turkey’s F-16s scrambled on Syria border after Syrian helicopters came close to the Turkish airspace (theaviationist.com)
- Impressive video: Syria flexes muscles with live firing exercise including Mig-29s, Mig-23s, Mig-21s, Su-24s and gunship helicopters (theaviationist.com)