While Day 1 was opened by a memorable Red Arrows and Avro Vulcan formation, the second trade day of Farnborough International Air Show 2012 air display was kicked off by a U.S. B-52.
Coming from RAF Fairford as “Scalp 99” (reportedly 60-0042/BD belonding to the 93 BS from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana), the B-52H performed a flyover before heading back to the U.S. though the Daventry corridor.
- Farnborough 2012 Photo: Flying as “Scalp 99″ a U.S. B-52 Stratofortress opens Day 2 of the Airshow (theaviationist.com)
- Farnborough 2012: Parade of Flying Legends (theaviationist.com)
- Farnborough 2012: Special colored C-130H of the Colombian Air Force landing on runway 24 (theaviationist.com)
- If you love the B-52, this video was made for you: take-off, aerial refueling, formation flying, landing with the Buff (theaviationist.com)
- Here’s another cool B-52 cockpit video! (theaviationist.com)
- Farnborough 2012 photo: F/A-18F Super Hornet take off (theaviationist.com)