An interesting video showing B-2 Spirit bombers, belonging to the 509 BW from Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, being prepared for flight, taxiing, and taking off during exercise Red Flag 12-3 at Nellis AFB, NV.
The close-up footage shows some interesting details about the bomb bays and retractable airstairs of the 2 billion USD stealth bomber that is going to receive 2 billion USD upgrades, including an email system.
- Nellis AFB Strike Eagles: the 17th Weapons Squadron’s F-15Es at work (theaviationist.com)
- For the real aviation geek: F-22s, F-15s and B-2s filmed “in action” during Red Flag. From the ground. With audio. (theaviationist.com)
- Photo: MC-12W spyplane specialized in “find, fix, and finish” bad guys at its Red Flag debut (theaviationist.com)
- More than 70 combat planes involved twice a day in world’s most realistic training exercise: welcome to the Red Flag 12-3 (theaviationist.com)
- Video: F-22 Raptor in action during Red Flag 12-3 (theaviationist.com)
- B-2 stealth bomber to get 2 billion dollar upgrades. Including a new email system. (theaviationist.com)
- Bring on some bandits! Combat pilots to fight against computer generated aggressors. During actual training flights. (theaviationist.com)