On Oct. 3, three EA-6B Prowler jets of the Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 2 (VMAQ-2) “Death Jester” landed at Moron airbase, in Spain, for a stopover of their return trip to CONUS from Afghanistan.
The U.S. Marine Corps electronic warfare planes, using callsign “Trend 91-93” are normally based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, North Carolina.
The VMAQ-2 Prowlers seen arriving at Moron were examples 163406/CY-03, 161242/CY-00 and 163033/CY-01.
Image credit: Antonio Muñiz Zaragüeta
- U.S Marine Corps F/A-18A Hornet jets deploying to the Middle East (theaviationist.com)
- Photo: This is what remains of a U.S. Marine Corps Harrier jet after the Taliban attack on Camp Bastion (theaviationist.com)
- Photo: First U.S. Marine Corps F-35B Joint Strike Fighters perform aerial refueling from KC-130J (theaviationist.com)
- U.S. Marine Corps Harrier flight ops aboard USS Bonhomme Richard. As seen through the Night Vision Goggles. (theaviationist.com)
- Commanding Officer of the Harrier squadron decimated at Camp Bastion among the Marines killed in the Taliban attack (theaviationist.com)
- Reaper drone and Apache helicopter involved in the Camp Bastion battle that wiped out the U.S. Marine Corps Harrier force in Afghanistan (theaviationist.com)
- Marine Attack Squadron loses eight Harrier jets in worst U.S. air loss in one day since the Vietnam War (theaviationist.com)