Syrian rebels anti-aircraft fire has become increasingly effective against Assad regime helicopter gunships.
Taken on Oct. 5, the following video shows another Mil Mi-8 Hip being hit by artillery fire during a medium altitude sortie near Damascus.
Here’s another version of the same downing.
- Video: Rebels down Syrian Arab Air Force Mig-23BN fighter jet in East Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Assad’s gunship helicopter shot down by rebel forces in Damascus, Syria (theaviationist.com)
- This may be the first video taken on board a Syrian Arab Air Force gunship helicopter during a mission against the rebels (theaviationist.com)
- Syria has tested chemical weapons systems using tanks and helicopters. (theaviationist.com)
- Syrian rebels say captured air defence base near Damascus (worldbulletin.net)
6 october there was also a claim of a downed Mig in Dir Ezour
though i didn’t find any video of that
and today (7 october) another Helicopter downed
if they keep it like that then the war will inter another phase
I don’t think the syria army would handel loosing more than 20 of their Helicopters
even if they have on paper hundreds of air asset the majority is not air-ready and lack parts pilots and fuel
This is not a Mi-8 but a Mi-17 because of the left sideposition of the tail rotor