[Map] Syrian planes and helicopters downed by rebels since the beginning of the uprising October 18, 2012Posted by David Cenciotti in : Syria , trackback
Studying all the information gathered from both verified and unverified sources, Bjørn Holst Jespersen has created an interesting map which shows all the locations where Syrian Arab Air Force planes or helicopters have been shot down during the uprising, beginning in early 2011.
The map is constantly updated, with the help of several contributors.
- This may be the first video taken on board a Syrian Arab Air Force gunship helicopter during a mission against the rebels (theaviationist.com)
- Turkey scrambles two fighter jets as Syrian Helicopter bombs Syrian border town (theaviationist.com)
- Video: Assad’s gunship helicopter shot down by rebel forces in Damascus, Syria (theaviationist.com)
- Syria has tested chemical weapons systems using tanks and helicopters. (theaviationist.com)
- Video shows Syrian Mil Mi-25 gunship releasing flares. A sign that rebels got their hands on MANPADS? (theaviationist.com)
- Syria: Mig-21 firing rockets caught on tape (theaviationist.com)